Sunday, August 30, 2009

Countdown....4....

Once upon a time there was a little girl who had a mom, who stuck the video camera in front of her kids faces all the time. It turned 3 little girls into these amazing child actors. From princesses to mermaids, to grandmas and nerdy adults, the girls came up with the story and the mom just sat back with a heavy camera on her shoulder and laughed. Later down the road, the girls decided that they just weren't so cute anymore...no need for mama to just record them dancing around and saying whatever came to mind...so they decided it was time for REAL performances. SO. The girls and their neighbors made "Movies." From vampire kidnappings to zombies, from high school drama films to remakes of a Christmas Carol, from Chipmunk movies to stories about death and letting go. These were things the kids acted in, made up, and directed all before age 15. So many "movies" under their belts. And good child actors by the way. :)

So...is this where my desire to direct came from? My desire to be a part of films in general? Just making little kid movies made me want to pursue this? So, I can shoot and edit footage, but what does that do? Why do I feel that I might be good at this? Or do I even feel qualified at all? Here's the thing. I don't know the answers to these questions. I BELIEVE God put something on my heart. That is...to tell stories and show people Hope...through true and sincere films. And I don't have to be qualified for anything....God doesn't call the qualified...He qualifies the Called.

I'm home tonight in Huntsville with a room full of everything I've collected in the last 4 years of college. I said all kinds of goodbyes the past 3 days. Sure, it's just 3 or so months....but it's a little weird. Still haven't said goodbye to my immediate family...so that'll be different. BUT...my friends...everything was really good. I've seen so much the past 4 years. Too much to tell about right now. But...I left Florence and I felt good. I left today remembering that I DO have a dream and this IS a part of my mission and journey no matter if it ends up as I think it will or not. God took me to Florence and now He's taking me to NY for a little while. I just can't get over this journey He's taking me on. God is so Good to me. I had the best August I think I've ever had...

The internship offer.
My friends.
My life.
My family.

I'm thankful for it all.

Countdown till me and daddy take off...I think 4 days...ha He's gotta find cheaper tickets!
Later!

1 comment:

  1. So many of us are taking this journey with you vicariously, so I'm glad to see you've got your blog up and going! Can't wait to hear about all your adventures that you and God are going to have.

    I love this:
    "God doesn't call the qualified...He qualifies the Called."

    You're ready because of Him!
    Love you!

    ReplyDelete