Saturday, November 27, 2010

When Faith takes over...

On Thanksgiving a couple days ago, I was watching Miracle on 34th Street on TV..(1994 version) ;)
I love the original...but this one did it justice. But one quote that "Kris Kringle" said to "Ms. Walker" just really stuck out. The whole movie is about FAITH. Faith in...Santa Claus...and what it is to have some Faith in general...

"If... you can't believe, if you can't accept anything on faith, then you're doomed for a life dominated by doubt."

What's going on in this scene is Ms. Walker, head of staff at Coles department store, is talking about how it doesn't make any sense to have faith in things that seem unreal, less stable, illogical, or things you simply... can't see.

Kris, aka Santa Claus, tells her basically that if you can't accept anything by faith...then you will lead a life completely won out by fear and doubt. He says that she'd question everything and never give in to the idea that something GREAT is out there.

Faith, in our life, is also everything. IF we let ourselves get so tied down to a world where we have faith in SOME things...and use our "logical sense" for other things...we start taking away from God's and putting everything into OUR hands. I'll be honest, the more in life I try to "figure things out" and "work through things logically" and "according to plan"...is when my life gets all screwed up into a mess that only leads me to doubting good can even happen.

Even lately thinking about "the job" that I want, or graduating and looking for "the career"...I sit and go crazy trying to figure out where to look, how to search, who to talk to....and it COMPLETELY overwhelms me. Then I remember one thing that apparently I forget too often....

My GOD is SO Big.

HE can handle the little things in my life. HE can handle the things that I think are little that may be even bigger than I'd ever know. HE knows what's going on when I'm completely blind to it.
HE tells me to Trust Him. He reminds me that if I put absolutely ALL of my faith in Him, that He'll just go farther. The more we release to God...the more HE takes over. He says its our free will to give our will back to Him. Faith, may be very scary....I know this.

But living a life "dominated" by doubt...is honestly I whole lot scarier. So try to release more and more, day by day, to a God who just wants you to put your faith into Him. A God who loves you...and will SHOW you just how much...all He wants from us...is to put our FAITH in Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment