Saturday, October 17, 2009

My Heart is Now in 2 Places....<3


Wow guys! This week has been really good! First of all, God loves to put a little kick into my life lately. Ha. Wanna know how I know this???

#1 The ONE day I dress up in NYC....is when it poured...and might as well have snowed because it was cold enough. AND since I dressed up...I wasn't comfortable...as I walked 3 or so errands as an intern. HA.

#2 I finally made banana pudding....i started to eat it in my bed....i tried to smash the nilla wafers in my lil bowl...oh yeah....I busted a flippin hole through my bowl and it was very liquidy...to say the least...got ALLLL over my blanket that keeps me warm at night :( ha

#3 I ACTUALLY fell asleep on the subway today!!! I woke up LUCKILY at my stop! I felt like I had a hangover...(not that I know what that feels like ha....but PROB like THAT) My head and neck hurt from HANGING and bobbing back and forth as I rode to work this morning. Just glad I didn't miss my stop.

#4 My FAVORITE friend at work...Elizabeth...got to work ON TIME like I did this morning...and she told me our boss was running late. HA. Door locked. WINTER outside. ICED coffee in hand. Elizabeth speaks 100% Spanish...15% English. We made our way in through a back door, sat on some steps, and BONDED. Haha. Usually we just smile at each other at work...but this time....We CHATTED. haha. As best we could :) She's my favorite. A hardworkin' lady!

#5 I got on the EXPRESS subway for 2 stops after work today....to skip a few stops that my local/normal train takes...ya know? I was READY to get home...WELL....I got off to transfer after two stops to MY train...and I rush to hop on the train...PACKED. Oh well.....I'll wait for the next one. I pull out my Jamba Juice apple cinnamon Oatmeal. I lean against a post, pull out my spoon, start eating, and watch the doors to the train close. A girl looks out the window and sees me chillin' and eating my oatmeal. Ha. She smiles and gives me a look like "ha...least ur making the best of your wait." And I smile back and kinda laugh. haha. Good times right? I love making quick connections with random people.

#6 I patiently wait for 20 minutes for the next train. WELL...many many pile up behind me in 20 min to get on the next train as well. Well it arrives....I try to push my way in...oh no....I got pushed away. Then its packed. MISSED that train TOO! I was not happy..... this time I had no more oatmeal. Nothin'. I got sooo close to the track for the NEXT train. 20 more minutes.....I was ready to fight for the next train.. Needless to say...I DID get on the next train ha. God thinks He's so funny making me REALLY be patient. ha.

#7 So at the end of my subway ride, I get to the 2nd to last stop of mine...and at the VERY last second I hear the "captain" say..."THIS IS THE LAST STOP TILL 'blah blah blah'"
....HE WAS SKIPPING MY STOP! SO...I RAN OFF THAT SUBWAY. I, for the 2nd time this week, had to walk 7 blocks in the cold to the road I USUALLY get dropped off at. Good times. But really...without expanding....I'm glad I had to walk. It was good times with God AND good times at the grocery store that I stopped at BECAUSE I got dropped off at the wrong stop.

#8 So...I'm at Starbucks now. The one in my home area. WELL...one time this "starbucks boss lady" asked me about my day. I told her something about my new job starting the next day. She was real nice and wished me luck. Tonight, this "starbucks worker-guy" was real nice and friendly to me and said, "Whats wrong??" I said, "Nothing haha. I'm just stretching cuz im tired!"
"That 3 shots of espresso not wake u up??"
"No it did. ha. Im jus worn out. 8 hr shift today...ya know?" says me. ha
"Where u work?"
Then the boss lady comes up and goes "OH yeah! U had that new job? How is it??"
She like remembered and everything...I was impressed. Then all the starbucks worker people start asking me about it..and i told them id hook them up with a discount haha. Maybe they'll hook me up with one too ;) hahah. EITHER way. I was impressed she remembered....

#9 I keep making more and more and more buds here. I like NYC..people are pretty easy to make friends with. ha. Some of them may read this....oh well...in that case I LIKE YOU NEW YORKERS. ;) SO...my heart is gonna be in 2 places by December when i get on that train to come home. I love people. God keeps putting good ones in my life. Every where I go.

#10 Finally, God put kick into my life WHEN He reminded me that....as usual....He puts EVERYONE in our lives....for a reason..... ;)

Love you all. ha it was long..yes...

1 comment:

  1. Awww...that makes me sad a little bit..how your heart will be in two places when it's time to leave....I understand. That is so sweet! :-) We meet lots of precious and loving people throughout our lives. God is good!Love you!!! Mama

    ReplyDelete