Saturday, October 3, 2009

"My help comes from the Lord...the maker of Heaven AND Earth..."


So I haven't felt like writing lately. I've been semi-homesick this week. Ha. I have my reasons. BUT....I've actually had a good week. God has been really great to me. He revealed Himself through many people to me this week. No need for details...just I am grateful He sticks near to me while I'm here in NY.

I'll be honest, I feel like I'm somewhat of an odd person here...being a christian. Don't get me wrong, I have no idea if the person beside me on the subway is or not...or people I work with that speak Spanish are, or even the random "Nuts for Nuts" vendor guy is or not.... I just don't know ha. I guess I just FEEL like I'm one of few. I guess that's a blessing about the Bible Belt. You at least feel people semi-care about God there. I probably sound judgmental. I promise I'm not trying to. I just rarely feel like the "average New Yorker" would ever want to talk about God. BUT HEY, maybe God has much to reveal to me while I'm here. I'll go with that...I want God convos over coffee...with SOMEBODY. (ps. the family I live with is christian, so that's a blessing already!) I just think I long for heaven more than ever right now...I can't wait till we're all together loving our God....that world...will be perfect. Until then...I'm just gonna keep walking...and try to follow His light.

Last thing for the day, I think I am finally starting to get the realization that I have AWESOME sisters :) They are older...I can talk to them. I mean, I knew that...but it kinda just REALLY hit me. They really have been great to talk to since I moved here. I find myself wanting to talk to them. They prob think I'm weird for writing this...IF they even read it ha. But it's true. Daddy always said....haha...."The older you get, the more you realize your sisters really are your best friends." Ha...dad....

Love the 'rents too :)

Ok....so NYC....it's interesting. I'm gonna go to bed, and get up and do it all over again tmrw. Nite!

4 comments:

  1. I know how you feel. I look forward to being in heaven with all of our brothers and sisters where all is good and perfect and peaceful. No sickness, no evil, no selfishness,......just JESUS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. awww thats sweet. i like when we talk on skype too!! its pretty fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are one great daughter! -- Dad

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like that picture above!! I pray you have a wonderful, better week with lots of special "God-conversations"! I love you, Mama

    ReplyDelete