Monday, October 26, 2009

"Much to our dismay...."


I'm at Starbucks, right? ...
"Can I get an iced 2 shots of espresso and soy milk?"
--"We are out of soy milk...I'm sorry"
"Oh. Really?"
---"Yes. Much to our dismay."
******************
THERE'S A GROCERY STORE RIGHT NEXT STORE! I just don't understand....Want me to go pick you up some? ha. Sorry....do you ever find that stuff odd??? ah well.

Welp. Guys. I have been wanting to write for days...but getting around to it is kinda hard some times. I get so comfortable when I finally get home, that I just watch movies and such. I let my mind go BLANK. It's a Great feeling to do that haha.

BUT....this past couple of weeks...or so....have been good. Interesting, but good.

To say the least, God, once again.....wants me to remember that HE knows the game plan....and Danielle does not.

I don't feel like explaining all of this...but I just thought I had some things figured out while I was here...and I don't. Ha. Purpose? Reasons? What's next? I know nothing. And you know what?

It's ok. :)

God has put fun little things in my days lately. Such as...I was watching Felicity Season 2 a few days ago. (she's a girl who moves to NYC for school and has all sorts of drama in her life...ha no making fun of my show man) ANYWAY...there's a scene where she gets on the subway and HAPPENS to get on the SAME subway AND subway cart as her friend she's mad at. WELL...I was thinking....
"Weird. How likely is it to actually see someone on the subway you know. Even if you are going the same way....Just not gonna happen. AND even if you DO get on the same train...it's NOT like you'll get on the exact same CART of the train."

Well....God proved ME wrong. Last night I hopped on a train...and did a weird transfer that I ALMOST didn't...and I got on and heard .... "Danielle!"

What? Someone just say my name? I looked up...and it was my new buddy from Starbucks that I always talk to. HA. Ironic, no? God is funny always proving me wrong.

So today I saw the cutest little boy, looked about 5 years old. He was with his mother who let him sit down on the subway as she stood up because there weren't enough seats. Awww...what a cute little boy...holding a newspaper with "HERION HIGH" on the front cover. Odd. Sad sad world....ah well. This IS planet Earth. Not HEAVEN....where the headlines will read "GOD-ON-HIGH"

Random but...there's a security guard that works downstairs at Baja Fresh ...who barks. BARKS. What in the world?

So I reached my halfway point last friday. 7 weeks down...7 to go. Why am I still searching for meaning here? Like daily I search for my purpose in NYC. I need to remember that it's not for me to know...and just live. God will use us in the WEIRDEST ways....and we just gotta let Him do His thing through US. God is good. He's got our purposes being worked out daily....so live it out!

-danielle

4 comments:

  1. has it really been 7 weeks already? wow. I can't wait to hear all of your God stories to come... I know there will be hundreds more. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've wondered the same thing about the subway - how would you EVER run into someone you know? Well, you've proved it happens. :-)

    Glad you're OK with not knowing the in's and out's of God's purpose for you there. If we could all stay in that "it's ok" zone, there would be a lot less stress in our lives. Just trust God - he's got it all under control. I'm not there yet, but closer than I used to be.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad it's your half-way point! We will be so happy to see you "in person" once again, and give you great big loving hugs!!!

    That was definitely laugh-out-loud funny about the barking security guard. What is up with that?

    Sad about the little boy, but good point about heaven and the headlines "God on High" all the time!!! Wonderful blog entry as usual. Thanks for blogging . It is very enjoyable reading! Love you, Your Mama

    ReplyDelete
  4. that street sign blew me away! is there really such a place? i feel like i've traveled there several times in my lifetime :)

    ReplyDelete