Sunday, September 13, 2009

:)

You pull me closer to love....

Ya know...these past few days have been somewhat difficult. Luckily, I got a good cry out last night. Ha....it's been awhile since I've done that. I'm ok though, don't worry ;)

I just haven't felt this way in awhile. Really alone. Even God feels different to me here. You may or may not understand that...ha I just feel like I see Him best in those that I love. I miss my friends and family because I see God in them so much. I still do see God here, don't get me wrong....it's just very different, very new. It will get better. This is just the beginning of my NY journey I think.

BUT...for some good and positive thoughts....

A few years ago I prayed for certain things to happen in my life...had to do with some people in my life.

God answered those prayers. He answered most of them right before I left for NY. Weird, right?

Awesome really. God does move the mountains. He moves hearts. He has proven to me time and time again...that IF I have a little faith...He'll exceed all my expectations when the time is right.

And for that, I'm thankful.

7 comments:

  1. It's breaking a mom's heart reading some of these posts, but I'm glad you are being honest, and I want you to continue. You seem so far away, but God is with you, and God is with me, so that is a comforting thought. I pray you will have a much better week , that you will get a job you love, that your internship will provide some rewarding times for you, and that you will make at least one good friend, if not more, this week. Be patient...it has only been one week there. Life is a journey of so many "processes", and remember this quote, " God gives us just enough light for the step we are on." It's okay to cry and release those tears of sadness, loneliness, and disillusionment - it does make a person feel better afterwards. Hang in there, remember we all love you so much, and God will provide, as He already has with the wonderful family you are living with at this time. Keep on writing...... and sharing your feelings with us. I love you, Yo Mama :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha dont let it break ur heart! im ok, really...i jus take it min by min ha. ya know? but thanks for all the encouraging thoughts ;) you're great mama. i love yoU!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you're being honest, too. Who among us would not have those same kind of feelings? (Well, at least among us women. ha)

    I think it reflects the cutting edge of a growth spurt in your faith, to a new dimension, a deeper dependence on God and God alone.

    He knows not all of us can handle being in a situation like you're in, but he knows you can. You'll continue seeking him even when aspects of him (friends, family, familiar things) have been stripped away. I'm sure you're right where he wants you to be.

    Keep hanging in there and sharing your story! What an exciting spiritual place to be in...(although not painless)...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey cuz...
    I hope you had a great weekend! I hope you continue to share your experiences on here and show pictures. I know this experience is one you'll never forget and will be a beginning for your whole career.
    I admire you for going for your dreams, even though it must be hard for you right now. Hang in there and just know that so many are daily praying for you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. thanks so much Lisa and Rachael. What you say means a lot :) thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ok. So I just wrote a whole long note to you... and then realized I wasn't signed it. Well, Fizzle.
    Anyway, you are missed so much! I hope that you are enjoying your time up there. It is still so cool that you just went for it and moved up there... but we'll be glad when you come back(for the wedding, of course).
    I had alot of fun hanging out with you before you left... I hope those outfits are working out for ya. :)
    LOVE YA wales!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey cuz! I'm so proud of you for all you're doing. Know that you are loved!!!

    ReplyDelete