Saturday, September 5, 2009

Day 2 in da Bronx...and Manhattan


So. Yes. I'm sitting in a Starbucks...I finally found the closest one to my new home. Its not too far. Man! If you wanna lose weight...move to NY....you walk everywhere. Well...unless you're lazy and you just take the bus everywhere. Oh its been a fun day.

Mainly, my day consisted of searching for a locksmith and even the handy dandy GPS couldn't lead me to the exact location. It's very vague sometimes....hard to explain. SO...I just walked around for about an hour learning the area as I searched.

Later, I napped. Ha. My new roommate Laura napped soooo....I decided I should as well.

Then...around 4ish Laura and I got on the subway and head to Manhattan. She's having a party with some of her school friends tonight so we were going to meet them and help them to her house.

It was fun talking with Laura! I think it will be fun to room with her...we have a lot in common :)

Her school friends are all pretty sweet and awesome too. I'm about to head back to her place to hang out with them. (no I'm not being antisocial right now, I'm just liking being independent and learning my surroundings)

Anywho. Already I've had some things to decide in my mind...NYC is a place of fashion and you know me....I'm not good with that nor do I try. HOWEVER, I hope to pick up on a lil bit of my own style while I'm here. The thing is though...I can see how people might try to fit in once they get here...I could be wrong...but just like everywhere else...there are things people do and say and dress like...and I could easily fall victim to conformity. BUT...I am keeping my true identity while I'm in NY and we'll just see who likes me ;)

Tomorrow I hope to go to a park somewhere and spend some prayer time with God. I def. need alone time with Him to get ready for my internship AND search for a part-time job. I will be safe ;) No worries. Alright I'm headed back now. Love you all. ttyl

Danielle

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a great day in NYC! This is so cool. I'm really glad you and Laura have things in common.

    Hope you get your time tomorrow with the Father. You'll have a lot to talk about. :-)

    ReplyDelete