Friday, September 4, 2009

Day 1


Well Daddy and I finally made it to NYC today. I think we arrived around noon. Everyone should ask Daddy what he thinks about a GPS now. Yeah. I did well buying a new cell phone with that capability...Daddy just didn't see why till later. ha.

We made it into the Bronx and found the area the Murrays lived in, so we were pretty much good to go. Ha. BUT then...Daddy tells me we need new tires for his truck. He wanted to make it to NY and back one last time on his tires...but 30 min before we got to NY he noticed at a stop that he had a slight slit or something in one of the front tires...Did he tell me? No. Anyway....we found a tire shop thanks to a nice man on the street.

Ok...to sum of my very adventurous day...

1) The subway may seem a little antisocial or people just do the routine and keep to themselves. But... certain things on the subway can create a quick bond with other passengers....such as....today a guy hopped on the subway and held on to a pole with his headphones on. He began shaking his butt up and down ever so softly...then i promise you, it looks as if he is started to poll dance. He really started getting into it. ?? THEN the lady across from me saw this too...we Smile and make these faces of "what in the world?" to one another. Good moment for me and the other passenger. (I don't think Daddy noticed a thing)

2)Daddy and I found where I'll be interning at. The building anyway. Not too hard to get to. Mission #1 accomplished.

3)I had a GREAT veggie burger ;)

4)I like that there are so many different types of people up here. It's interesting to me. I love understanding...or trying to understand people. (no comments please ha)

5) The weather was AMAZING today. There was a nice breeze which made me very optimistic about the fall. :)

6) The Murrays are so nice and that makes All the difference in the world for me feeling comfortable here.

7) Daddy was so great to drive me up here. And we did have a good time. :)

8) I'm tired. Lots to soak in. People to meet....places to go...things to do....TOMORROW.

Night!

*God will lead the way.

4 comments:

  1. kelcy says you have to go to "joy burger" on the corner of lexington and hundredth. you can take the 6 train to get there. awesome burger and sweet potato fries! hope you are having an awesome time!!!

    -drew

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adventures already! Woo-hoo. Love the subway story. ha. And I’m so glad the Murrays are nice. God is overflowing with blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Definitely a funny story about the strange subway guy - you will probably see lots of unique characters while there! I pray you are having a fun Saturday and will learn your way around so you will be comfortable going here and there! Love you !!!!! Mama

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, Glad you made it there! I'm looking forward to seeing what God is doing through you, look out NY! Thanks for the updates. Blessings, Jan

    ReplyDelete