Sunday, September 20, 2009

The Purpose


Life has purpose behind it. Everybody has probably asked the question, "Why are we here?"..Christians, non-christians...just anyone and everyone.

God created us. He wants YOU here for a reason RIGHT now. We don't know the reasons why other people aren't here anymore...or why certain things happen in our life...We don't exactly NEED to know the answers to all that, yet. We just should know....that while we're here...we all have purpose. And...in the end...all of our purposes are connected. God does that part. Jesus did His part...He connected us BACK to God. So...what's our purpose?

So while I'm here in New York city, I've seen LOADS of things I didn't ever get to see back at home. It is true that a lot of "different" kinds of people move to NY because they feel more "normal" here...but what's normal anyway? Maybe, just maybe, I'm starting to just SEE what's all out there. You hear about things, but I'm seeing some of them...very close up. It's interesting really.

The other morning I was sitting on the subway, way too early (ha), and I was looking at the different people coming on and grabbing a pole, considering all the seats fill up SUPER fast. I was looking around and just thinking...We're all so busy, living our lives, doing what we are Supposed to do, going where we're SUPPOSED to go, taking care of all our responsibilities...and yet...God is still LIFE. We're truly here for Him, as we do what we do. AND We are actually CONNECTED...and yet we just keep mostly to ourselves as we sit on the subway and listen to our Ipods and read our books. We keep somewhat distant personally because...we're all "so different." I kept thinking, just in that moment, that these people...are all children of God. He loves all of us. He just wants to Connect with all of us...every day. He wants us to CONNECT to one another too.


I saw a girl reading "The God Delusion" on the subway...it was interesting so I looked it up online. I even found an interview with the author to listen to on my mp3 player. It's so interesting the way he believes. But also dark. It's weird to imagine a life where you think there is NO God. I mean, really. It is a DIFFERENT life. Actually, not life at all.

You know what is cool about God? Ha. The people He brings into and out of our lives. I met a boy who's a senior in High School at Starbucks last week. We got to talking a bit. He studies here a lot. He's got pressure to make great grades from his parents. He's an only child. He's a nice guy and we've become pals. Ha. He's here tonight too...and he came over to talk to me. Now he's studying again. BUT the point is...God is good with just connecting people. I need friends here, and I'm starting to make them...at work, at the internship, at Starbucks ;) ha God is good. BTW my new coworkers: AWESOME people. (thank you God)

To end this post...which is all over the place...ha... I am so thankful for the people and friends God has put in my life. I'm thankful for the ones still in my life, the ones that came in my life at certain points, AND thankful for the way He brings people back around into my life at the best times. He's just so Good.

Thanks for the prayers about my breathing. We're just praying my immunity builds up around here to this new atmosphere. :) I'll hang in there until then. Nite!

3 comments:

  1. I loved reading this Danielle! It reminds me of one of my favorite verses: "For David...served the purpose of God in his own generation" Acts 13:36...May it be our own prayer that we serve the purpose of God in "our" own generation, at this particular time and place.

    I'm thankful for the friends you have been making there, especially for Brenda and her family!! I pray your breathing will get better every day. I am so sorry you are having to deal with any health issues. Drink that apple cider vinegar - it is good for everything that "ails" you!! :-)

    I love you, and look forward to all your blogging posts!! Your Mama

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...i think its anxiety...but i dunno what im anxious about...??? i looked it up online. it must be in my subconscious because i have NO idea what im stressed about. OR its the weather??? i dunno.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey sandy (hope it's ok to communicate with you through danielle's blog!),
    thanks for sharing that verse. we're studying esther in our wed nite ladies' class at church and have been talking a lot about our purpose and that's a great one to add to the mix.
    teddy

    ReplyDelete