Sunday, September 6, 2009

Couldn't have been any better...


This New York living is crazy busy ha. Well today Brenda and Phillip took me to their church morning service at 10. I woke up at 7:30 haha. I actually walked to get bfast around 9 and the weather was GREAT. I dunno about alabama, but it's perfect fall weather up here at the moment. They all say I came on a great weather weekend :)

Anyway, their church service was awesome. The people are so nice and friendly. The worship was VERY uplifting. The speaker spoke straight to my heart with a message from God. It was a GREAT start to my day.

Later, Brenda took me to a different church that was ending and she meets with a group of women to help with diabetes and weight problems after their services. I took some footage and hope to help Brenda with a promo video for her awesome groups that she's started. I met with a woman who has lost 100 lbs in the past year alone. I got to interview her and talk to her one on one a little. She's pretty great :)

Then I had lunch with Brenda, which was delicious. (hummus wrap and veggie soup :P ) Met up with Laura at the 4 stories Barnes and Noble!!! Ah! It was AWESOME. ha

Later I went with Laura to second service at 7. It was the same service as this morning basically, but I loved it AGAIN ha. This is why...

The lesson really hit me and its hard to explain, but I got a little nervous about my internship today for the first time. So...during the lesson, the speaker kept reminding us that our first love is God and that He will take us anywhere and everywhere to do anything and everything for Him. It's so much better than me trying to make out my own destiny.
Well... during the lesson I just started thinking about how I felt a little less like myself in this city. It's just so different. I honestly started getting a little worried and feeling completely unqualified for WHATEVER Tuesday's 1st day entails. BUT ...during communion the song "Be Still My Soul" was playing instrumentally in the background. I used to have an obsession with that song. Tonight it was perfect. Maybe I obsessed over it years ago JUST so God could plant these lyrics in my head.

"Be still my Soul. The Lord is on thy side" ...and there it was. No matter what happens Tuesday...God is on my side. He is with me and I need to have peace in knowing that. I DID have peace most days about this internship, BUT just like everything...it comes day by day. I needed to hear that..and there it was. I'm here in NYC because God put me here. One day I'll explain the story with how I know that ;)

Tuesday is a big day. Internship begins. BUT Tmrw is a fun day! So more learning my surroundings tmrw. Sorry I write so much.. I think it's good to get out of my head though. Oh and the VERSE that I randomly opened my new bible to today was this..

John 7:28 Jesus said,"Yes, you know me and where I come from. But I'm not here on my own. The one who sent me is true and you don't know Him. But I know Him because I come from Him and HE sent me to You"

I know I'm not Jesus, but I'm called to be just like him. We all are. This passage just reminded me of what I said above. I am Not on my own. God is with me and He sent me here. We all have been placed here for a reason/reasons. Go with God wherever you go!
-Danielle


1 comment:

  1. So glad you had an uplifting day and heard an inspiring lesson! I will be praying for you to find a good job during your stay there, and also for your first week of internship, starting tomorrow! God is definitely with you, so continue to rely on Him. Love you, Mama

    ReplyDelete