Monday, September 28, 2009

Life with God...


God is life...and Jesus is Love.

That sums up pretty much my Faith. The rest all falls together. Seems to me that it's all about simplicity... ( like Aunt Lisa was saying today :) )

I guess lately I've been up to quite a bit. I've been working a bit, and interning too. I try to keep myself pretty busy. I like to...ya know? It's the City "Way" ha...BUT....what makes every day interesting is the Random people that I meet or talk to.

Saturday...I accidentally hopped on a subway going the OPPOSITE direction I wanted to go...so I got off at the next stop to cross over. Ha. As I waited...With my headphones on...a man walks up to me. He asks me a question, but of course I had no idea what he said...ha. I took out my headphones and said "I'm sorry, what?" ha.

"Um...do you know which way is downtown to Brooklyn?"

So I look around to read the signs. The subway line RIGHT behind me said "Downtown to Brooklyn"

It was cute. ha. I said, "I think it's that subway." (and pointed right behind us)

He goes, "Awww thank you thank you." Then he walks away. (ps...he had a lil bit of a prob speaking clearly)

I kinda laugh and put my headphones back in. Seconds later I get a tap on my shoulder. I take my headphones out again.

Same guy..."So you know what? I asked that other guy about directions..and he goes...he goes you don't make sense! You're dumb..you need to stop talking... And I was like no... no...I am not dumb...I need to just know which way to go...ya know? Like so I tried to walk away...My counselor tells me to just walk away and say nothing...I mean what did I do? I just asked..."

At that point, I know I got myself into a fun lil conversation ha...So I just try to listen and nod my head a lot and tell him he did the right thing by just walking away and not listening to the guy. He goes, "Thank you. That's right. Thank you." ....ha that was it basically.


ANYWAY....it was just interesting. Somewhat uncomfortable cuz he almost spit in my mouth...ha i dodged it. But he walked away got on his subway line...then mine came too...so I got on. Ha. Random. IF I hadn't gotten on the wrong train earlier...I'd have missed that fun lil encounter. So. Wasn't like anything Big..but it was good. Good for me....good for me to remember...people are people. Whether they look the same, talk the same, have the same mindset...they are still people and deserve to be heard and respected...(now don't get me wrong...sometimes i do ignore people and walk away...u have to...or you'll get yourself into weird situations or FOREVER long convos. ha) BUT he was harmless...just needed to say something. Someone to listen...

It was simple. It was just a lil minute of my day. But it was like God saying...."remember I will come to you in different ways. Just be like Jesus best you can."

So...as much as I could write about lots of fun things from this week...I choose to tell you that story. funny because people ask me for directions lately and sometimes I can help them! ha! I'm getting better ;)

Lastly, I found a really cool church last night. No details...but I really connected there. Not to say lots of churches aren't great...but I feel that that might just be where God wants me. Who knows?! Only about 35-40 people...a lot of college age in the Arts. Seems fitting ;) The message was great too. It was about being Thirsty for God. Always a good topic. It's a day to day thing...to crave God. I want to Want Him more. Every day. I pray I do. Well...maybe soon enough I'll get the courage to invite some of my other friends to this church...or I'll just have the opportunity to talk to them about God....but more than anything...that I can be like Jesus to everyone around me. Sometimes it's hard...but that's why I need God to help. Well...sorry so long! I hope everyone is doing good. I never know who reads these...ha....

love you all.
danielle

p.s. God never leaves you...nor wants you to run away when you have "problems." GO to Him with your struggles....He already knows them. Let Him help you...

5 comments:

  1. girl, these things could never be too long. We all enjoy reading about your encounters in NY and especially your encounters with God. I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely an interesting little encounter with that NY man. Stay safe! He seemed harmless, and you were so sweet to him, still...you know what I mean. :-) You definitely represented Jesus to him though. People need respect and love, that's for sure.
    Thanks for posting again. I miss it when you don't post often. :-) Love you, Mama

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks jenna! you're awesome :) i love you!
    and thanks mama! i wish you'd both post some of your cool encounters with God sometime :) love you mama

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always enjoy reading about your adventures. I am happy that you are adjusting to NY. Keep up the good work and God will surely bless you and those you come in contact with! Love ya

    ReplyDelete
  5. thanks angie! hope you're doing good and God keeps using you :) love you!

    ReplyDelete